4 salmon fillets (170g-200g)
400g asparagus spears
1kg Albert Bartlett potatoes
250g salted butter
400g North Atlantic prawns
Handful of chives
Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Season the salmon, place on a greased tray and cook under grill for approximately 10 minutes until the fish feels firm.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus spears and blanch for 3 minutes.
- To make the prawn butter melt 200g of butter in a saucepan, add the prawns and remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Add this to the drained potatoes. Using a potato masher or electric beaters, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Add finely chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the mash potatoes in a mould and top with the asparagus spears. Place the salmon fillet on top. Pour some of the prawn butter over the salmon. Garnish with lemon wedge and chives.