Barony Castle Hotel in Eddleston, Scottish Borders are now looking to recruit an administration assistant in our Wedding and Events department. A Business and Administration Modern Apprentice may also be considered. All applicants should have a keen interest in working within a busy office environment doing administration tasks.
Pay & Reward:
Hours: Full time or part time considered
Salary: Dependent on experience
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Working alongside the Sales and Events Team you will assist in the daily operations of both the Wedding and Events departments. Attention to detail, a focus on customer care and an excellent work ethic are all essential. The applicant must be able to demonstrate a friendly and professional approach as well as immaculate presentation standards and strong attention to detail.
- Answering customer queries on the phone and email
- Efficient use of pc skills and use of Microsoft Office package to include, word processing, spreadsheets, publications and PowerPoint presentations
- Email system will be used for sending and retrieving messages and appointments as well as maintaining diary systems
- Accurately record information and data into bespoke databases and use document management system to input, access and retrieve information
- Deal with internal queries and requests on a day to day basis
- General administration – digital filing, scanning, binding reports etc.
- Assisting staff with admin support when required
- Assisting with Events
What will I learn?
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
- An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Good team-working skills
What qualification or qualities are required?
- National 5 or equivalent Mathematics, Accounting and Finance or above.
- Further education in Accounting, Finance or similar along with excellent communication skills
Reporting to the Sales Manager.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Barony Castle Hotel