Will Thomson as Group Executive Chef has passed on the reins at Barony to his second-in-command David Fulton who has trained under Will these past six years and is now Head Chef.
To celebrate David’s promotion we have relaunched the restaurant under a new name – “1536”. This is the year that Andrew Murray, the new Laird of Blackbarony, acquired Darnhall and began work on transforming the old manor house into an imposing Tower in the Scots’ Baronial style. The present Barony Castle incorporates the 1536 Tower. The vaulted cellar still exists, partly visible opposite the reception desk, in its current use as the Bar and wine cellars. 1536 was a busy year for Andrew Murray; he also received the formal Instrument of Resignation of Hugh Murray, which completed the conference of the title and estates of Blackbarony.
David has been instrumental in recent changes to the menus including the introduction of the Steak on the Stone concept and handmade pizzas. His new A La Carte menu will be available soon and we are excited to take the restaurant to a new level under David’s stewardship.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 1536 Restaurant at Barony Castle very soon.