We now have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join us at our busy hotel. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, ensuring an efficient and welcoming service to our customers whilst meeting & exceeding guest expectations. You will help prepare the kitchen for service, demonstrating the flexibility to adapt to various work situations.
- It is imperative that you are flexible to work a variety of shifts on any day of the week to suit business demands
- You will be asked to work as part of the team as well as being able to take your own initiative and work individually
- This is a very demanding role and we are looking for someone who has a great eye for attention to detail and who takes pride in their work
Pay & Reward:
Hours: Full time, to include weekends
Salary: Hourly paid
We will also reward you with:
- Free leisure club access
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Discounted spa treatments
- Company Pension (if eligible)
- Meals on Duty (when applicable)
As a kitchen porter your main duties would include:
- Ensuring basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collecting and washing pots, pans, utensils, plates and cutlery.
- Getting pots, pans, plates and cutlery back into use as quickly as possible.
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored.
- Removing and recycling waste from the kitchen.
- Unloading deliveries of food and equipment to the kitchen.
- Organising the storeroom.
- Follow all standard operating procedures and brand standards as communicated by your line manager or any other manager within the hotel.
- To complete any other duties as required by your line manager or duty manager.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues
- Have an outgoing personality & positive attitude.
- Be approachable & attentive.
- Enjoy the buzz of being busy & have a passion for working with people.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Exceptional personal hygiene.
- Have good communication skills.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Reporting to the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager / Duty Manager on shift.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Barony Castle Hotel