We now have an opportunity for a Receptionist to join us at our busy hotel. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, delivering efficient and welcoming customer service and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers.
- You will be asked to work as part of the team as well as being able to take your own initiative and work individually
- Each of our Receptionists should have good customers service skills, be openly enthusiastic and be well organised
- We are looking for someone who has great eye for attention to detail and who takes pride in their work
- It is imperative that you are flexible to work a variety of shifts on any day of the week to suit business demands
Pay & Reward
Hours: 40 hours per week to include evenings and weekends
Rota: 5 shifts on, 3 days off, 8 week rolling rota
Salary: £19,136 per annum
We will also reward you with:
- Company Pension
- Company funded medical cash plan, including discounted shopping
- Free leisure club access
- Employee discounts on F&B, beauty treatments and accommodation throughout group
- Dealing with enquiries and bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy
- Completing procedures when guests arrive and leave
- Allocating rooms and handing out keys
- Preparing bills and taking payments
- Taking and passing on messages to guests and colleagues
- Dealing with special requests from guests
- Answering questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area
- Dealing with guest feedback
- Completing end of shift cash up and reconciliation procedures and ensuring handover of shifts between personnel.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment
- Provide reports, as required, for housekeepers and management
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximising bedroom sales opportunities
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues
- Previous customer service experience
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with IT software such as Excel, Outlook, Word etc
- Efficient, organised and self-motivated, with an attention to detail.
- Confident, pleasant and an excellent, articulate communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations.
- Have a good personal standard, projecting a professional image at all times.
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business and guests
- Previous experience in hospitality
- Hotel reception experience
- Reservations experience
- Reporting to the Front of House Manager.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Front of House Manager, John Boswell: