Our award-winning AA Rosette restaurant “1536” now has an opportunity for a Pastry Chef to join our rapidly expanding kitchen operation. This position would suit an experienced Commis Pastry Chef looking to progress in the catering industry. We are looking for a creative individual who is willing to participate in creating seasonal menus and designing new dishes, assisting the Head Chef in both culinary and all things pastry.
Full support and training will be provided for the successful candidate. Pastry and chocolate work courses will be offered to the right candidate.
In this role, you will be expected to work to the highest standards, whether designing and preparing delicious desserts for our restaurants or working with the rest of the team to deliver outstanding function dinners for one of the many weddings and events held throughout the year.
Our philosophy is always to use fresh, locally sourced ingredients with the key aim of delivering an outstanding dining experience for all our guests. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills in a truly unique environment.
Pay & Reward:
Hours: 48 hours per week, according to a rota
Rate of Pay: £20,000 to £23,000 per annum
We will also reward you with:
- Company Pension
- Company funded medical cash plan, including discounted shopping
- Free leisure club access
- Employee discounts on F&B, beauty treatments and accommodation throughout group
- To have full awareness of all pastry menu items, recipes, methods and presentation standards.
- Run the pastry section of the kitchen and assist chefs in delivering high-quality desserts.
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement, and plating of desserts
- To supervise and motivate the team when required.
- Contribute to the progression of the team.
- Provide ideas & suggestions for new menus based on seasonal ingredients and customer demand.
- To monitor portion control.
- Receive and check fresh food and dry store orders.
- Track, record, and replenish stock as required.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations, health and safety, and food safety legislation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues.
- Previous experience in pastry
- Ability to work well under pressure & prioritise duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional personal hygiene
- Commitment to high standards with great attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business and customers
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Be able to converse in English
- NVQ, City, and Guilds or HND equivalent qualification
- Reporting directly to the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Group Executive Chef, William Thomson: