We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organised individual with a great attention to detail to join our Finance & HR team as our Group expands its portfolio of properties.
Based at Barony Castle Hotel in Eddleston, The Scottish Borders, this is a Head Office role responsible for the administration of the Finance and general HR function of both Barony Castle Hotel and other properties within its Group.
Part of the role will involve dealing with employee queries, so you’ll be a great communicator, with experience of dealing with a range of situations with confidence. You’ll naturally enjoy providing responsive, quality and friendly customer service.
You’ll be responsible for keeping records, and manipulating data so excellent attention to detail, accuracy and organisation skills will all be needed.
As part of a small team you’ll have the opportunity to get involved and gain experience in various finance and HR activities.
This role will be varied and will include but not be limited to:
- Preparing weekly payroll reports and processing group monthly payroll.
- Assisting the Senior Accounts Assistant with day-to-day office activities including daily business reconciliations, finance reporting and management of the sales and purchase ledgers.
- HR administration for all colleagues, at all points of the employee lifecycle.
- Assisting the Senior Accounts Assistant and HR Manager with ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Pension scheme
- Company funded medical plan
- Discounted high street shopping
- Free leisure club access
- Discounted food & beverage, beauty treatments & accommodation within the Group
Pay & Reward:
Hours: Upto 24 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum FTE
The role in detail:
- Liaise with department heads to ensure all employee new start information is accurate and provided in a timely manner for payroll processing, including UK Border Agency checks.
- Produce weekly payroll reports from in house time and attendance machines and show actual wage costs against sales.
- Processing monthly wages through Sage 50 Payroll, following all relevant legislation.
- Process and reconcile pension and statutory payments.
- Daily sales and banking reconciliations, expense payments, purchase ledger processing
- HR administration duties such as preparing letters, contracts, updating databases, adding new starts to relevant systems, processing leaving paperwork.
- Ad hoc duties as reasonably required.
- Proven experience of Sage 50 Payroll and Sage 50 Accounts.
- Strong administrative skills with ability to multi-task efficiently.
- High level of computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint specifically.
- Experience in a similar role including payroll processing and general HR duties.
- A self-motivated and flexible approach to be able to work well within a team and with minimal supervision
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 17th September 2021
Applicants will be contacted after the closing date to confirm the outcome of their application.