We now have an opportunity for a Junior Sous Chef to join our busy kitchen operation. This position would also suit an experienced Chef de Partie looking to progress in the catering industry. We’re looking for a creative individual who is willing to participate in creating seasonal menus and designing new dishes for our award winning AA Rosette restaurant, assisting the head chef in both culinary and administrative tasks.
In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, whether designing and preparing delicious dishes for our restaurants or working with the rest of the team to deliver outstanding function dinners for one of the many weddings and events held throughout the year.
Our philosophy is always to use fresh, locally sourced ingredients with the key aim of delivering an outstanding dining experience for all our guests. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills in a truly unique environment.
Pay & Reward:
Hours: 40 hours per week, according to a rota
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
We will also reward you with:
- Company Pension (if eligible)
- Company funded medical plan
- Free leisure club access
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Employee discounts on beauty treatments, F&B and accommodation throughout group
Full training for the position will be given, however expectations of the successful candidate once fully trained will include but not limited to:
- To ensure the food preparation and presentation meets the Head Chef’s standards.
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement and plating of dishes.
- To supervise and motivate the team when required.
- Contribute to the progression of the team.
- Provide ideas & suggestions for new menus based on seasonal ingredients and customer demand.
- To monitor portion control.
- Receive and check fresh food and dry stores orders.
- Track, record and replenish stock as required.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations, health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues.
- Previous experience in a high-volume full service restaurant as Chef de Partie or Sous Chef
- NVQ, City and Guilds or HND equivalent
- Ability to work well under pressure & prioritise duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to high standards with a great attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business and customers
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Be able to converse in English
- Reporting directly to the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Head Chef, David Fulton: