We now have an opportunity for a full-time or part-time Breakfast Chef to join our busy kitchen operation.
You will prepare and deliver a busy breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel. You will also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen daily, support the lunchtime/conference and banqueting operation where required and oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries. The right attitude and skills will make a big difference to our overall food offering, helping us to continuously improve our reputation.
Our philosophy is always to use fresh, locally sourced ingredients with the key aim of delivering an outstanding dining experience for all our guests. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills in a truly unique environment.
Pay & Reward:
Hours: 06:00 to 12:00, 5 days a week (additional hours available)
Rate of Pay: £9.25 to £9.50 per hour
We will also reward you with:
- Company Pension
- Company funded medical cash plan, including discounted shopping
- Free leisure club access
- Employee discounts on F&B, beauty treatments and accommodation throughout group
- To ensure the food preparation and presentation meets the Head Chef’s standards.
- To supervise and motivate the team when required.
- Contribute to the progression of the team.
- To monitor portion control.
- Receive and check fresh food and dry store orders.
- Efficient stock rotation.
- Provide ideas & suggestions for new menus.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations, health and safety, and food safety legislation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work well under pressure & prioritize duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to high standards with great attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business and customers
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Be able to converse in English
- Reporting directly to the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Group Executive Chef, William Thomson: