We now have an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Duty Manager to join our team. The key responsibility will be supporting the existing management team in delivering successful operations, achieving the hotel objectives and improving profitability. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, ensuring an efficient and welcoming service to our customers whilst meeting & exceeding guest expectations.
This is a very demanding role and we are looking for someone who has a great eye for attention to detail and who takes pride in their work. This role involves working in a busy hotel with many hotel functions so the hours of work are dictated by the business of the hotel.
Hours: 45 hours over 7 day period. Shifts according to 5 ‘on’ / 3 ‘off’ rota
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
For your dedication and hard work, you will be rewarded with 3 consecutive days off in every 8 day period.
We will also reward you with:
- Free leisure club access
- Discounted spa treatments
- Discounted food & beverage
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Live in accommodation (chargeable)
- Company Pension (if eligible)
- Meals on Duty (when applicable)
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Overseeing delivery of consistent quality customer experiences in all food and beverage outlets and front of house operations in the hotel including banqueting / function business
- Control of all costs and stock to ensure hotel profitability
- Responsible for high standards of health & safety, hygiene, customer service
- Contributing to initiatives to develop business, improve staff skills and guest satisfaction
- Delegating duties
- Assisting department managers
- Helping to implement hotel policies
- Routing sales productivity reports to staff
- Motivating and managing employees
- Handling cash and end of day banking reconciliations
- Managing hotel cleanliness, organization and security
- Dealing with customer feedback
- Any other duties as necessary for the efficient running of the hotel
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a management role in a hotel/food and beverage operation.
- Efficient management skills to improve efficiency.
- Have a great outgoing personality & positive attitude.
- Be approachable & attentive.
- Have a passion for working with people as part of a team.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be smart & well presented.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Personal License Holder
- First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Barony Castle Hotel