We now have opportunities for Food & Beverage and Banqueting Team Members to join us at our busy hotel. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, ensuring an efficient and welcoming service to our customers whilst meeting & exceeding guest expectations. You will help prepare the restaurant for service, demonstrating the flexibility to adapt to various work situations.
- It is imperative that you are flexible to work a variety of shifts on any day of the week to suit business demands
- You will be asked to work as part of the team as well as being able to take your own initiative and work individually
- Each of our team members should have excellent customers service skills, be openly enthusiastic and well organised
- This is a very demanding role and we are looking for someone who has a great eye for attention to detail and who takes pride in their work
Pay & Reward:
Hours: Part time / Full time & variable shifts available
Salary: Hourly Paid
We will also reward you with:
- Free leisure club access
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Discounted spa treatments
- Company Pension(if eligible)
- Meals on Duty(when applicable)
- Ensuring stations are ready for service
- Set tables according to type of event and brand standards
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Offer advice and answer questions about the menu & dishes on offer
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability, additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests
- Accurately record transaction in POS system at time of order
- Serve food courses and beverages to guests
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc, throughout the day
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, cleaning service areas, setting tables for next service, turning off lights, etc
- To complete any other duties as required by your line manager or duty manager.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues
- Demonstrate experience of working in a restaurant or food & beverage operation previously.
- Have a great outgoing personality & positive attitude.
- Be approachable & attentive.
- Enjoy the buzz of being busy & have a passion for working with people.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be smart & well presented.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Supervisor on shift and Restaurant Manager or Duty Manager on shift.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Barony Castle Hotel