Hours: Full Time
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Reporting to the Operations Manager and General Manager you will take responsibility for the Department within the hotel, to ensure the Department delivers a high quality service to the customers, maximising on all sales opportunities and controlling costs and payroll as per budget in order to exceed expectations.
By providing leadership and direction, you will ensure delivery of great customer service at best possible cost within brand guidelines and satisfying legal requirements.
Overview of duties
- Ensures the high standard of services provided for guests and the attainment of the department’s qualitative and quantitative targets
- Conveys the hotel’s image and atmosphere through his/her exemplary attitude, warm and friendly welcome, availability and frequent presence in the field
- Manages and motivates the teams in order to improve sales and the quality of F&B services
- Improves the department’s results by increasing sales and the productivity of F&B points of sale
- Leads and brings life to projects and identity features in the department (service certification etc)
- Enhances guest satisfaction
- Handles guest comments and complaints, ensuring follow-up
- Develops close relationships with guests to encourage loyalty
- Ensures guests receive a warm and personalised welcome
Professional techniques / Production
- Organises and supervises the preparation of points of sale according to activity forecasts
- Ensures that reference standards are properly applied
- Checks that sales materials are well presented
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, prepares the menus, organises purchases and ensure the update and application of cooking instructions
- Plans changes in the menu, sets prices and organises the work for the day in coordination with the Head Chef
- Manage and values the different food and beverage points of sale
- Make sure of the information transmission in the concerned services
- Develops team spirit and motivation by creating a good working atmosphere
- Takes part in or validates recruitments
- Organises the welcome and integration of new employees
- Prepares or checks the work schedules, ensuring that they are consistent with activity forecasts
- Conducts annual performance appraisals and sets targets for the team
- Prepares the training plans in conjunction with the managers under his/her responsibility and follows them up
- Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development
- Applies labour legislation
Commercial / Sales
- Develops excellent relations with guests
- Prepares the commercial action plan for the department and ensures implementation
- Sets daily sales targets for the team
- Analyses guests’ comments and shares them with the team
- Launches and deploys marketing initiatives in the local area in order to increase revenue
- Works in close collaboration with the sales department to ensure a high standard of service and satisfaction for meetings customers
- Knows the market and customer expectations
- Keeps close track of what the competition is doing
- Uses sense of creativity and innovation to facilitate commercial operations
Management and administration
- Draws up the department’s annual budget in line with hotel strategy
- Ensures that management results are in line with the hotel’s targets
- Guarantees the respect of procedures governing cash operations, administration and audits, in line with the internal audit guidelines
- Adapts department organisation as required and manages headcount for optimum ”prime cost”
- Draws up, implements and ensures that internal checks are properly carried out
- Supervises purchasing for the restaurant and kitchen, manages stocks and checks that purchasing targets are met
- Ensures that the equipment and cultural assets of the department remain in good condition and working order
- Checks inventories that have been carried out
- Takes part in ”Debtor” meetings and implements actions to recover debt
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Is responsible for keeping the equipment and furniture in good condition
- Ensures machinery works reliably and follows up any technical work
- Ensures that all F&B areas are kept clean and that hygiene and food safety standards are respected
- Sets up an action plan based on the hygiene analysis results and tracks implementation
- Applies and ensures application of the hotel’s security regulations (in case of fire etc)
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the ”Environment Charter” (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
- Is responsible for the security of people and property in the area under his/her remit
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role in a hotel/food and beverage operation
- Efficient management skills to improve efficiency
- IT literate
- Have a great outgoing personality & positive attitude.
- Be approachable & attentive.
- Have a passion for working with people as part of a team.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be smart & well presented.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- 1 year in a management position in a quality hotel environment.
- Experience dealing with hotel chain brand standards.
- Personal License Holder
- Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or via post to:
Barony Castle Hotel
Old Manse Road