We now have an opportunity for a Bar Person to join us at our busy hotel. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, ensuring an efficient and welcoming service to our customers whilst meeting & exceeding guest expectations. You will help prepare the bar for service, demonstrating the flexibility to adapt to various work situations.
- It is imperative that you are flexible to work a variety of shifts on any day of the week to suit business demands
- You will be asked to work as part of the team as well as being able to take your own initiative and work individually
- Each of our team members should have excellent customers service skills, be openly enthusiastic and well organised
- This is a very demanding role and we are looking for someone who has a great eye for attention to detail and who takes pride in their work
Pay & Reward:
Hours: Full time, primarily evenings and weekends
Salary: Hourly Paid depending upon experience
We will also reward you with:
- Free leisure club access
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Discounted spa treatments
- Company Pension (if eligible)
- Meals on Duty (when applicable)
As a bar person your main duties would include:
- serving customers with drinks and snacks
- entertaining and talking with customers
- collecting payment and operating the till
- creating cocktails for customers
- serving hot and cold food
- opening and closing the bar for service
You would be responsible for keeping the bar area clean and well stocked, which would involve:
- washing and polishing glasses and cutlery
- emptying bottle and general waste bins, putting away stock deliveries
- clearing and cleaning tables and the bar regularly as well as equipment such as beer lines, drip trays, shelves, coffee machines
- To learn and retain a comprehensive understanding of all menu items to ensure maximum benefit to the guest and the ability to work effectively.
- Keep up to date with current promotions and new products
- Follow all standard operating procedures and brand standards as communicated by your line manager or any other manager within the hotel.
- To complete any other duties as required by your line manager or duty manager.
- A key role would be in creating a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and talking with customers.
- Always adhere to Scottish License Laws
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a bar previously.
- Have a great outgoing personality & positive attitude.
- Be approachable & attentive.
- Enjoy the buzz of being busy & have a passion for working with people.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be smart & well presented.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Reporting to the Bar Manager and / or Duty Manager on shift.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Barony Castle Hotel
Old Manse Road