We now have an opportunity for a qualified Chef de Partie to join our busy kitchen operation. This position would also suit an experienced Commis Chef looking to progress in the catering industry. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, whether preparing delicious dishes from our lounge and restaurant menus, or working with the rest of the kitchen team to deliver outstanding function dinners for one of the many weddings and events held throughout the year.
Our philosophy is always to use fresh, locally sourced ingredients with the key aim of delivering an outstanding dining experience for all our guests. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills in a truly unique environment.
Pay & Reward:
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: From £25,600 per annum (relocation assistance available)
We will also reward you with:
- Company Pension
- Company funded medical plan, including discounted shopping
- Free leisure club access
- Employee discounts on beauty treatments, F&B and accommodation throughout group
- To ensure the food preparation and presentation meets the Head Chef’s standards.
- To supervise and motivate the team when required.
- Contribute to the progression of the team.
- To monitor portion control.
- Receive and check fresh food and dry stores orders.
- Efficient stock rotation.
- Provide ideas & suggestions for new menus.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations, health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues.
- Previous experience in a similar role either as Chef de Partie or Commis Chef
- Ability to work well under pressure & prioritise duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to high standards with a great attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business and customers
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Be able to converse in English
- Food hygiene certificate
- NVQ or City and Guilds Chef qualifications are required
- Reporting directly to the Senior Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com